Thursday, February 16, 2012

Versatile


SUPAHMAMA! over at http://domesticmischief.blogspot.com/ nominated me for a versatile blogger award. Thank you! How very cool to find that in my inbox this morning!

 
The Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award

 
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.


Since I already tell you all the random things that cross my mind, I'm going to have to think hard to share seven things I haven't already said...

  1. I LOVE to shop. It doesn't matter what it's for - lightbulbs at Home Depot? Hooray! Groceries at King Soopers? Great! Surfing online to compare prices and features at eleventeen different sites? Wonderful! Random garage sale that might have some cool stuff? Woo-hoo! I don't even have to buy anything much, I just really like to wander the aisles and look at all the possibilities. (Note: All this goes out the window if I have the kids with me. Enjoyable shopping is a solitary pursuit. Riding herd on 4 small children spoils the whole experience and makes it the complete opposite of enjoyable.)
  2. I am a popcorn snob. I love popcorn and will make a big bowl of it on many Saturdays as a treat for me and the kids. But it has to be popped in the air popper. Microwave popcorn is stale and disgusting and unacceptable.
  3. I hate socks. I prefer being barefoot over all, but when forced (by things like work or weather) to wear shoes I still try to avoid wearing socks. I've even been known to wear my snowboots out in a blizzard without putting on socks. I don't know what it is - my feet just feel all smothered or something. But I just really hate the feel of socks on my feet.
  4. I am terribly jealous of those of you with a knack for decorating. I see your houses when you blog. I see the gorgeous paint jobs and coordinating furniture and tasteful accessories and I wish that I lived in a house like that. Alas, I live in my house. Which was decorated (and I use that term loosely) by me.
  5. I have grown so addicted to ebooks on my Kindle and my iPhone that I am resentful when I have to read an actual, physical book. It's so heavy. And I have to hold it with one hand and turn the page with another hand. And it doesn't save my place for me when I put it down. *sigh* It's so difficult.
  6. I aspire to be a cool mom who does fun things with the kids. Instead, I'm more often the cranky mom who just makes the kids mad.
  7. My favorite food is pizza. Gourmet, cheap, delivery, frozen - whatever. I love it all. I think I could probably eat pizza every day of the week and still be happy with it.

Now... to think about my nominations for Versatile Blogger!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Dawww, I'm glad you were excited to find me in your mailbox! It was hard to squeeze in there! I'm right there with you on the pizza. Pretty sure we've had it twice this week already and I just saw that a local grocery store has their deli fresh made raw dough on BOGO and did a silent fist pump. YAY, MORE PIZZA!